Saturday Morning Support SANGHA
We would like to invite any self-identified Black, Indigenous, People of Color to join us in our Saturday Morning Support Sangha. This is a peer led group that meets every Saturday morning from 10 am to 11:15 am, Pacific Daylight Time.
We start with a brief welcome, then a 30 minute sit in silence with a metta offering, followed by a brief update on what’s happening at Dhamma Dena, and then a sharing centered on a dharma teaching, and close with a dedication of merit. People can feel free to bow out after the 30 minute sit or stay for the whole hour.
New Address & Password for BIPOC Saturday Support Sangha/ Starting Oct. 2020
Due to some new updates from zoom, starting October 3rd, we will have a new zoom address & passcode for the BIPOC Saturday Sangha. Please register in advance. Once you register, you can access all following Saturday sanghas with the passcode and link provided after registration.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We will be online starting at 9:45 to help you log on / sound check :)
10 - 10:10 - Welcome, intros
10:10 - 10:40 - Sit
10:40 - 11:10 - Discussion & Updates
Close with dedication of merit
Audio Offerings from our Sangha
Join The Conversation
Dhamma Dena BIPOC Sangha has a google group where we share resources, organize and seek support from the sangha, and post updates relating to Dhamma Dena. To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It can also be accessed here: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/dhamma-dena-poc-sangha This is a google group / listserv for Dhamma Dena People of Color Sangha, past, present and future. Feel free to add folks. You can also get in touch at email@example.com
Friends are the path
We are a very small organization that centers supporting the Vipassana meditation retreats and dharma practices for BIPOC and queer communities. If you would like to be a part of future programming, as students or volunteers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We choose themes for discussion, and each week a sangha members prepares to ground and lightly guide our discussion after the sit. These are the topics we have covered since beginning to sit on Saturday mornings together, in April 2020.
April & May - Four Noble Truths & The Eight Fold Path
April 18th - The First Noble Truth
2. April 25th - The Second Noble Truth
3. May 2nd - The Third Noble Truth
4. May 9th - The Fourth Noble Truth
5. May 16th - The Eight Fold Path - Wise View
6. May 23rd -The Eight Fold Path - Wise Resolve
7. May 30th - The Eight Fold Path - Wise Speech
June - The Eight Fold Path
8. June 6th - The Eight Fold Path - Wise Action
9. June 13th -The Eight Fold Path - Wise livelihood
10. June 20th -The Eight Fold Path - Wise effort
11. June 27th - The Eight Fold Path - Wise mindfulness
July - Taking Refuge in the Triple Gem
12. July 4th - The Eight Fold Path - Samadhi / Wise Concentration
13. July 11th - The Buddha
14. July 18th - The Dharma
15. July 25th - The Sangha
August - The Five Hindrances
16. August 1st - Sensual Desire
17. August 8th - Anger
18. August 15th - Sloth, torpor & boredom
19. August 22nd - Restlessness & worry
20. August 29th - Doubt
September - The Four Noble Truths
October - The Divine Abodes
21. Oct 3rd - How's your practice?
22. Oct 10th - Metta
23. Oct 17th - Karuna
24. Oct 24th - Mudita
25. Oct 31st - Upekkha
November - The Paramis
26. Nov 7th 🌞 Dāna - generosity, giving of oneself
27. Nov 14th 🐛 Sīla - virtue, morality, proper conduct
28. Nov 21st 🐕 Nekkhamma - renunciation
29. Nov 28th 🦉 Paññā - wisdom, discernmen
December - The Paramis
28. Dec 5th 🐕 Viriya - energy, diligence, vigour, effort
29. Dec 12th 🐃 Khanti - patience, acceptance, endurance
30. Dec 19th 🦁 Sacca - truthfulness, honesty
31. Dec 26th 🐜 Adhiṭṭhāna - determination, resolution
January 2021 - The Paramis
32. Jan 2nd 🐝 Mettā pāramī: goodwill, friendliness, loving-kindness
33. Jan 9th 🌊 Upekkhā pāramī: equanimity, serenity