Saturday Morning BIPOC Support SANGHA
We invite any self-identified Black, Indigenous, People of Color to join us in our Saturday Morning Support Sangha. This is a peer led group that meets every Saturday morning from 10 am to 11:15 am, Pacific Daylight Time.
We start with a brief welcome, then a 30 minute sit in silence with a metta offering, followed by a brief update on what’s happening at Dhamma Dena, and then a sharing centered on a dharma teaching. We close with a dedication of merit. People can feel free to bow out after the 30 minute sit or stay for the whole time.
All levels of meditation and participation are welcome.
Saturdays | 10 am to 11:15am PST | Online
We will be online starting at 9:45 to help you log on / sound check :)
10:00 - 10:10 - Welcome & introductions
10:10 - 10:40 - Sit
10:40 - 11:10 - Discussion & Updates
11:15 - Close with dedication of merit
Register in advance
Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about accessing all following Saturday sanghas with the passcode.
Email email@example.com if you have questions.
Audio Offerings from our Sangha
Join The Conversation / Friends are the path
We are a very small organization that centers supporting the Vipassana meditation retreats and dharma practices for BIPOC and queer communities. Our BIPOC sangha is peer led and Dhamma Dena is currently volunteer run.
Dhamma Dena BIPOC Sangha has a google group where we share resources, organize and seek support from the sangha, and post updates relating to Dhamma Dena.
This is a google group / listserv for Dhamma Dena BIPOC (Black Indigenous People of Color) Sangha, past, present and future.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the google group or with any questions.
We choose themes for discussion, and each week a sangha members prepares to ground and lightly guide our discussion after the sit. These are the topics we have covered since beginning to sit on Saturday mornings together, in April 2020.
April & May - Four Noble Truths & The Eight Fold Path
1. April 18th - The First Noble Truth
2. April 25th - The Second Noble Truth
3. May 2nd - The Third Noble Truth
4. May 9th - The Fourth Noble Truth
5. May 16th - The Eight Fold Path - Wise View
6. May 23rd -The Eight Fold Path - Wise Resolve
7. May 30th - The Eight Fold Path - Wise Speech
June - The Eight Fold Path
8. June 6th - The Eight Fold Path - Wise Action
9. June 13th -The Eight Fold Path - Wise livelihood
10. June 20th -The Eight Fold Path - Wise effort
11. June 27th - The Eight Fold Path - Wise mindfulness
July - Taking Refuge in the Triple Gem
12. July 4th - The Eight Fold Path - Samadhi / Wise Concentration
13. July 11th - The Buddha
14. July 18th - The Dharma
15. July 25th - The Sangha
August - The Five Hindrances
16. August 1st - Sensual Desire
17. August 8th - Anger
18. August 15th - Sloth, torpor & boredom
19. August 22nd - Restlessness & worry
20. August 29th - Doubt
September - The Four Noble Truths
21. The First Noble Truth
22. The Second Noble Truth
23. The Third Noble Truth
24. The Fourth Noble Truth
October - The Divine Abodes
25. Oct 3rd - How's your practice?
26. Oct 10th - Metta
27. Oct 17th - Karuna
28. Oct 24th - Mudita
29. Oct 31st - Upekkha
November - The Paramis
30. Nov 7th 🌞 Dāna - generosity, giving of oneself
31. Nov 14th 🐛 Sīla - virtue, morality, proper conduct
32. Nov 21st 🐕 Nekkhamma - renunciation
33. Nov 28th 🦉 Paññā - wisdom, discernmen
December - The Paramis
34. Dec 5th 🐕 Viriya - energy, diligence, vigour, effort
35. Dec 12th 🐃 Khanti - patience, acceptance, endurance
36. Dec 19th 🦁 Sacca - truthfulness, honesty
37. Dec 26th 🐜 Adhiṭṭhāna - determination, resolution
January 2021 - The Paramis
38. Jan 2nd 🐝 Mettā pāramī: goodwill, friendliness, loving-kindness
39. Jan 9th 🌊 Upekkhā pāramī: equanimity, serenity
January 2021 - The Three Jewels
40. Jan 16th the Three Jewels: The Buddha, The Teacher
41. Jan 23rd the Three Jewels: The Dharma, The Teachings
42. Jan 30th the Three Jewels: The Sangha, The Community
February 2021 - Metta & The Four Noble Truths
43. Feb 6th - Metta session with Mel
44. Feb 13th - The First Noble Truth
45. Feb 20th - The Second Noble Truth
46. Feb 27th - The Third Noble Truth
March 2021 - The Four Noble Truths / Eight Fold Path
47. March 6th - The Fourth Noble Truth
48. March 13th : The Eight Fold Path: Wise View / Understanding
49. March 20th - Wise Thought / Intention
50. March 27th - Wise Speech
April 2021 - The Eight Fold Path
51. April 3rd - Wise Action / Conduct
52. April 10th - Wise Livelihood
53. April 17th - Wise Effort
54. April 24th - Wise Mindfulness
May 2021 - The Eight Fold Path
55. May 1st - Wise Concentration
56. May 8th - Sangha Celebration! Of the One Year Anniversary of our Saturday Support Sangha & The Two Year Anniversary of the First BIPOC retreat on the land at Dhamma Dena.
57. May 15th - Meditation techniques and Our Ancestors
58. May 22nd - Meditation techniques
June 2021 - The Seven Factors of Awakening
59. May 29th - Mindfulness (sati)
60. June 5th - Investigation (dhamma vicaya)